Valente, Eva -- Vongola Feb 22, 2011 6:04:07 GMT -5
Post by EVA VALENTE on Feb 22, 2011 6:04:07 GMT -5
' All roses are flowers, but not all flowers are roses ,
FULL NAME. Eva Valente
ALIAS. Eve, Evie
STATUS. Rain guardian
JOB. High school student/works part-time at a bookstore
Eva's primary type of flame is rain, but she also possesses sun flames as her subtype. As her rain flames are stronger, she typically focuses primarily on them, while her sun flames are used sparingly to heal others or to strengthen her physical attacks.
Vongola Rain Ring--This ring is usually worn on the ring finger of her right hand. Considering how important this ring is--and the fact that it is what labels her as the Vongola's rain guardian--Eva always takes great care in ensuring that it is with her at all times. During times when she can not wear the ring on her finger--such as when she's baking--she will opt for wearing the ring on a gold chain around her neck.
Sun Ring--Her sun ring is either worn on the middle finger of her left hand or, like with her Vongola ring, hanging from a chain around her neck. The ring's appearance is simple enough: a small pear-cut topaz set on a plain silver band.
Cerva di pioggia--Rain doe
Eva's box animal--whom she has named Ayla--takes the form of a slender doe. Appearance-wise, she is akin to a white-tailed deer, albeit with some obvious color variations. Whereas an ordinary white-tailed deer has a ruddy reddish-brown hue, Ayla’s fur is a light silver with specks of white flecked along her back. Rain flames ripple around her ears and swirl upwards around her legs.
Ayla's strength lies in her speed. As she is quick and lithe, she is able to dodge simple attacks or weave her way through obstacles. In general, Ayla is summoned so that she can make use of her rain flames and weaken the flames of Eva's enemies, though Eva also sends her out to scout areas if need be. This makes Ayla more of a supportive box animal rather than an offensive one.
Gloves/Boots--Not so much actual weapons rather than something Eva uses to protect her hands and legs when she throws punches or kicks. It is these gloves and boots that she infuses with her sun flames when she needs a temporary boost to her power.
Guan dao--Eva's box weapon is a guan dao--a Chinese pole weapon--that stretches approximately four and a half feet long, blade and all. Unlike her usual form of fighting, Eva's guan dao allows her to fight her opponents at a distance. While there is the danger to her enemies of being sliced with the guan dao, there is another danger to them as well: the blade itself is alight with rain flames. Due to the rain flames' natural tranquility ability, a hit from Eva's weapon--even if a tiny nick--will weaken the target and rob a bit of their strength, making the weapon a rather dangerous one to even be grazed with.
However, this is certainly not to say that one's strength will be entirely drained from a tiny cut, as the cuts are proportional to the robbed strength. A small cut will result in only a slight weakening, while a larger wound will result in more of her opponent's strength being drained. Eva's guan dao therefore can not be underestimated--while a few small strikes from the weapon will do little physical damage, the amount of robbed energy can quickly add up if one isn't careful.
- Learning about other cultures-- Having been born and raised in Italy, Eva had always thought that other cultures seemed fascinating and wondrous. She loves trying different foods and learning about different traditions, and it is this love that eventually resulted in her learning martial arts and learning to wield a guan dao.
- Flowers-- She doesn't care if her love of flowers makes her seem like the stereotypical girly girl. The fact is that she loves the springtime simply because of the colorful blossoms that bloom. Her favourite flower is the daisy.
- Pop music-- Considering her cheerful personality, it should not be surprising that Eva's preference in music leans towards the more upbeat genre. While she clearly does not enjoy all pop music, she would definitely say that it's her favourite genre if asked,
- Pastel and natural colors-- Eva's preference in color--for her clothing choices, bedroom, and so on--usually lean to either the softer and lighter colors, or the earthy and natural ones.
- Aquariums-- For whatever reason, Eva absolutely adores the aquarium. She loves marine animals, so being able to see them up close is a wonderful experience for her. The aquarium is always her go-to place whenever she's feeling down or needs somewhere to mull over her thoughts.
- Sweet foods--While Eva loves desserts, she definitely prefers the ones that are naturally or mildly sweet compared to ones that have pounds upon pounds of sugar dumped into them. She especially dislikes the overly-sweet icing that bakeries often put on top of their cupcakes--it is just way too cavity-inducing for her.
- Neon colors--Super bright colors are definitely not her thing. It is unlikely that you would ever find her wearing neon-colored clothing.
- Heavy metal music--In all honesty, Eva hasn't recognized the heavy metal genre as a genre of music so much as...someone screaming into a microphone.
- Romance genre--Romance novels and movies are way too sappy, even for Eva. While she is a romantic at heart, she doesn't like the ridiculous relationships that are usually portrayed in romance novels or movies.
- Summer--Everyone likes summer, right? The bright sun, trips to the beach, school's out...well, Eva likes those aspects of summer, but she finds the heat to be absolutely unbearable. At least in the winter, you can go inside and warm yourself up, but it's hard to keep yourself cool when everything is humid and suffocating. Oh, and there are mosquitoes.
- Storms--Eva dislikes loud noises in general, but the sound of pouring rain, thunderclaps, strong winds and flashes of lightning? Storms terrify the poor girl and, if she can help it, she would never be caught dead outside during a storm. Instead, you can find her huddled beneath her blankets in her bed or--in some cases--curling up beside the nearest person.
- Ghosts--The reason she doesn't watch horror movies is because they terrify her. But wait, it's not the gore, serial killers, or monsters that scare her, but ghosts. There's just something about beings that can't be hurt physically that makes Eva want to run and hide.
- Hornets--They're like bees, but worse. Despite having never been stung, Eva has an irrational fear of hornets and will usually go to extremes to avoid them (for example, leaving a huge room simply because there is a hornet in the corner).
- Becoming a Psychologist--Eva hopes to get into university, to major in Psychology, and hopefully pursue a career as a psychologist in her own little clinic someday in the future. However, considering her current alliance to the mafia, she's not entirely sure that this will ever happen.
- Protecting her Family--Why is this a dream? It's a dream because Eva isn't sure if she can really do this. She wants to not only protect her blood family, but her mafia one as well. There are so many dangers to be in the mafia, not only to those who are right at the forefront and who are fighting, but to those who are simply related to mafia members. In Eva's ideal world, no one she knows will get hurt or--worse--die. However, whether this is possible or not is difficult to say, but it is something that she was strive for.
Eva's strengths lie in her flexibility and her accuracy. Her fighting style is based very heavily on martial arts--it would not be unusual to see her doing flips as a part of her training--so she typically relies on hand-to-hand defense when fighting. Unless she strengthens herself with her sun flames however, her punches and kicks tend to be rather weak. To accommodate for that, Eva is attempting to learn about all the pressure points to ensure that her attacks do some damage at least.
She also has a minor ability to heal thanks to her sun flames. At the moment, the most that she can do is staunch moderate bleeding or close tiny wounds, but she would likely improve with some training.
Eva is generally a cheerful and kind-hearted young woman who would go out of her way to help others. She sincerely cares about other people--in some ways, one might describe her as motherly--and would sacrifice her own time and safety if they needed her help. However, that being said, sometimes she cares too much. It would not be unusual for her to scold a friend (or even an acquaintance) if she feels that they haven't been eating properly or that they are engaging in dangerous behavior. She may be genuinely concerned about them, but at the same time, her actions tend to come off as overprotective and somewhat like a nag.
She also tends to come off as incredibly stubborn and closed-off at times. To explain the latter, though she is the type who would be more than willing to listen to or spend time with a friend in need, she will rarely--if ever--allow herself to be in the reverse situation. She is closed-off in the sense that she doesn't enjoy sharing her worries and emotions with others, instead feeling as if it is best if she were to carry them all herself. Her reason for this varies on the situation (she doesn't want to be a bother, she doesn't want to seem weak, etc) but, with the exception of someone whom she is extremely close to or respects, she typically prefers to keep her worries to herself.
Being a part of the mafia has also caused Eva's other traits to surface. She is extremely loyal to the Vongola, her boss, and the others guardians, and will go to great lengths to protect them. Her lack of hesitation to jump into battle shows that she is courageous, but on the flip side, reckless as well. She shows a unbiased side to her when she meets members of other mafia famiglias, choosing not to automatically label someone as a friend or an enemy based on first impressions, but to decide for herself after attempting to get know them.
Eva's family has always had relations with the mafia. Her mother and father once led a mafia group known as the Tarocchi Famiglia, a group that was focused on remaining neutral among all the other famiglias in Italy. However, shortly after their first child--Eva's brother, Cres--was born, they began to question whether they really desired a life of danger for their son. Though they considered disbanding the famiglia, they did not actually go through with it until two years later, when Eva was born.
Of course, disbanding a famiglia out of the blue was not necessarily a wise decision. Like most mafia groups, the Tarocchi Famiglia had enemies. While most of these said enemies were pleased that the famiglia had broken up, others accused them of being cowardly and running away. A few individuals had even been intent on getting revenge on the Tarocchi Famiglia for past events, and needless to say, they were not happy either.
In order to escape from these particular people, Eva and Cres' mother and father decided to flee to Italy with the help of the old Tarocchi members and ally famiglias. Plenty of safety precautions were made--fake names were used, false leads were made--and the plan went off without a hitch. The Valente family moved to Namimori.
There, they lived in relative peace for a few years. They were not longer a mafia famiglia, but a ordinary family living in a simple town. Eva and Cres were never told of their parents' past, or of the life they may have had back in Italy, but they found did eventually find out. What they also found out was that the Valente family's peace and quiet may not last forever as the enemy famiglias from sixteen years ago had caught a whiff of their trail not long ago, and would possibly be heading out to do what they had intended to do years ago. In order to protect her family--her mother and father were no longer used to fighting, and her brother would never consider it--Eva went to seek the famous Vongola famiglia in order to plead for their help. What she didn't know what that instead of simply asking for their assistance, she would end up joining them.
OOC ALIAS. Kaiyumi, Kai
OTHER CHARACTERS. N/A
[color=leave blank]▐[/color] [b]FIRE EMBLEM[/b], [i]mist[/i], [s]eva valente[/s]
[color=leave blank]▐[/color] [b]DOE[/b], [i]rain[/i], [s]eva valente[/s]